School Safety and Security
School Safety Vision: SAFE- Stay Accident-Free Every time
The school believes that a physically and psychologically safe environment is a strong enabler to encourage teachers to teach with greater passion and students to learn more effectively. The safety vision is in line with the school vision, mission, values and beliefs. All school members should ensure that SAFE practices are part of their daily duties and do what is right which is guided by our beliefs.
School Safety Mission:
Create a safe and secure workplace & environment for all.
School Safety Strategies
- prepare and strengthen security vigilant to create a safe & secure learning environment for students and staff;
- assist School Leaders to identify gaps (if any) in the School Emergency & Security Preparedness;
- facilitate, train & conduct School EP exercise SES (Intact) & SES (Separated) to manage an emergency;
- instill intuitiveness, safety consciousness and awareness in staff and students during emergencies;
- Emergency preparedness – increase the school’s preparedness to respond in the aftermath of an emergency situation and;
- to engage community partners (e.g. NPC, SCDF, Grassroots organization, etc) on an on-going process to enhance a good understanding for crisis and emergency management.
- be calm, do not panic;
- listen and follow the instructions announced by the school;
- if there is an intrusion, adopt the Run, Hide, Tell drill;
- avoid direct confrontation and;