ALLIED EDUCATOR (SCHOOL COUNSELLOR)
- To work with the school counselling team to develop an effective counselling programme that is developmental, preventive, remedial & responsive to support the social and emotional needs of students;
- To provide counselling support, individually and in group setting, to help students improve self-management and overcome behavioral challenges;
- To work with students to identify their strengths, interests, and needs so as to help them strengthen their academic, personal and social development;
- To guide and support at-risk/high-needs students to develop prosocial behaviours;
- To work together with AED(LBS) to provide intervention support to students with special educational needs (SEN) and enable them to adjust to the school and classroom learning environment well;
- To identify high-needs students and families for referral to external agencies e.g. family service centre (FSC) for assistance;
- To partner relevant stakeholders e.g. parents, FSC, MSF, police etc. to support the behavioural improvement of at-risk/high-needs students;
- To help parents and teachers identify potential behavioral problems with their students, and provide students with support as they try to overcome disabilities or developmental problems;
- To monitor students in classroom and play settings, and suggest changes to the curriculum so that it better meets the needs of the students;
- To provide periodic updates on the counselling programme to school management;
- To conduct professional sharing on the school counselling programme and intervention support for teachers and parents;
- Degree or Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling / Psychology.
- Able to work with students from diverse family backgrounds.
- Possess resourcefulness to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Has positive attitude, able to work under pressure, meticulous and able to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team.
- Caring, responsible and driven.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email the application form, together with a detailed resume with a recent photograph, stating your academic/professional qualifications, working experience, and current and expected salaries to Ms Marina Wong at email@example.com. Please indicate the job title on the subject heading of your email.
Click here to download the job application form.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents may apply for the above positions.
By submitting any application or resume to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us collecting and using your personal information to facilitate the processing of your application for employment purposes.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.