CAREER OPPORTUNITIES @ CREST SECONDARY SCHOOL
Crest Secondary School is a Specialised School offering the Normal (Technical) curriculum. To support the learning needs of our students, we are looking for individuals with positive dispositions, who are creative, driven and committed, to join our pool of passionate teaching and non-teaching staff in 2020 / 2021.
1. English Language
3. Physical Education
4. Malay Language
5. Tamil Language
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills through the conduct of innovative lessons, effective teaching and learning approaches, and authentic learning experiences e.g. outdoor/field-based learning activities, attachments, internships, competitions etc.
- To develop interesting and meaningful teaching and learning resources, including assignments, performance tasks and info-communication technology (ICT) innovations.
- To assess students’ learning and monitor their performance closely.
- To provide the necessary remediation support, including after-school support, to enable students to make good progress in learning.
- To manage classroom and student activities well and ensure that students’ learning is effective
- To conduct and facilitate character & citizenship education as a Form/Co-Form Teacher and provide effective pastoral care and guidance to students, including working closely with parents/guardians, school counsellors and/or relevant organizations.
- To plan and conduct co-curricular activities in support of students’ character and leadership development.
- To undertake department duties e.g. planning and conducting programmes and events, procurement of resources, monitoring and maintaining department inventories and facilities etc.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as advised by the Reporting Officer, Head of Department and/or School Management.
- Relevant degree and teaching qualification from National Institute of Education (NIE)
- Passionate about supporting the school’s mission of transforming the learning of N(T) students
- Able to identify with the learning needs of N(T) students.
- Strong passion for helping N(T) students develop as confident and purposeful individuals.
- Able to build rapport with students in order to motivate and encourage them.
- Innovative and resourceful e.g. able to use a variety of teaching methods including multi-media to engage N(T) students in learning.
- Strong sense of integrity, personal drive and initiative, commitment and team spirit.
- Caring, responsible and driven.
- Have a growth mindset and is able to receive feedback constructively.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team to contribute proactively to the department’s programmes.
HOW TO APPLY