In line with MOH’s updates to the national COVID-19 testing and isolation protocols, MOE will update the precautionary measures implemented in MKs, primary and secondary schools, and JCs/MI from 11 Oct.
- Students in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case will no longer be placed on Quarantine Order(QO); they will be issued a 7-day Health Risk Warning(HRW) by MOH.
- MOE will no longer issue Leave of Absence(LOA) and Approved Absence(AA) to all students and staff.
- Students currently under existing QO, LOA or AA can return to school for lessons if they are well and have a negative ART result on the day they go to school.
- Primary schools will require close contacts of confirmed COVID-19 cases in school to undergo regular ART self-testing while waiting for the issuance of an HRW. We seek your understanding that schools will no longer call parents to inform you that your child is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case and will use electronic means (e.g. Parents Gateway or email) instead.
- See the Letter to Parents for details.
[Reminder: ART for P1-5 Students]
P1-5 students were asked to take the ART by 9 Oct. If your child has not done so, please do the test before returning to school and submit your child's ART results via the link. If your child tests Ag+ without symptoms, your child is to self-isolate for 72hours, and take another ART. If your child tests Ag+ with symptoms, seek medical attention.
[Updates to Arrangements for GCE-Level National Exams]
- Candidates on HRW or Medical Leave (MC) will be allowed to sit for the national exams, including Science Practical, under specific conditions and SMMs.
- Inform your child’s school if your child has been placed on HRW or MC, and if your child plans to sit for the national exams.
- See the Press Release for details.
MOE will continue to monitor the situation and implement measures to keep our school environment safe. We urge all students and parents to exercise social responsibility.
1. MOE FAQs: COVID-19 related matters
2. To submit your child's ART result
3. SEAB Website
Updates to precautionary measures and exam arrangements. Click here.
Updates to Schools' Leave of Absence and Approved Absence Policies. Click here.
Application Period: 28 June 2021 to 13 August 2021
To support the learning needs of our students, we are looking for individuals with positive dispositions, who are creative, driven and committed to join our pool of passionate teachers in 2022. Please click on the link to learn more.